Microsoft Outlook & Time Management Course
This Outlook course is for busy professionals in Irish organisations of all sizes who want to discover how to use Outlook collaboratively or become more effective at managing their schedule and to-do lists.
- Delivered by expert trainers on-site
- For your team or one-to-one
- Learn good time management foundations
- Use Outlook to prioritise activities, plan time, track objectives and achieve Inbox Zero
Tell us about your project
One full day course.
At the end of the course, participants will understand the foundations of good time management and will be able to use Outlook to prioritise their activities, plan their time, track objectives and achieve Inbox Zero.
Who is this Course for
New and existing Outlook users whether individuals or part of a working team, who want to be more effective at managing their time, managing their communications and work more productively with others.
Note: to make the most of this course, participants are asked to complete a practical, short preparation beforehand.
Basic PC skills and knowledge of email is required. Short preparation required ahead of the course.
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
Defining Personal Productivity
- Issues in Time Management
- Meaningful objectives and Next actions
- Planning, Prioritising, Reviewing
- Time Management Quadrants
Setting-up your Workflow in Outlook
- Overview of Outlook tools
- Organising your workspace
- Mapping your objectives
- Toolbars and Menus
Scheduling and Planning with the Calendar
- Managing time
- Can you say ‘No’?
- Baseline Calendar
- Calendar events
- Scheduling meetings
- Team calendars
- Calendars and delegation
- Clearing the mind
- Planning by objective/goal
- Setting next strategic actions
- Working in ‘context’ with categories
- Customising task views
- When do you use tasks vs. calendars?
- Creating tasks
- Delegating with Outlook
Managing information and email
- Search features
- Getting to Inbox Zero?
- Your email filing system
- ‘Actioning’ email with flags and reminders
- The Four D’s of Decision Making
- E-mail Automatic Filing with Rules/Quick Steps
Working with Email
- Communicating effectively with e-mail
- Composing e-mail with the PASS Model
- Replying, Forwarding, Deleting
- Formatting, spell checking, options
- Working with Attachments and Links
- E-mail Preferences and Options
- Creating your Signature(s)
Address Books and More
- Global Address Book
- Personal Contacts
- Managing your Contacts
- Creating Contacts
- Creating Groups
- Social addons (LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Quick Tips & Tricks
Smarter Outlook Settings
- Out of Office
- Stationery and Message Templates
- Change your Default Settings
- A word about Notes, Journalling and Public Folders
What changes will you make?
- Applying what you learned
- Course review
- Questions and Answers
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.