Microsoft Powerpoint Advanced Course
Our powerpoint advanced course moves the learner up to a level where they can start to use some of the more advanced features the program has to offer, covering the following topics:
- Creating charts and tables
- Creating layouts, themes and templates
- Working with animations and transitions
- Inserting photos and SmartArt objects
- Exporting outlines and slides
Booking for one?
Are you looking for a public course? Browse our list of public events and book today.
Tell us about your project
Course can be either one day or two and a half-days duration
After completing this course you will be able to plan and design presentations, create enterprise templates, customise themes and apply best practices; create effective navigation, take advantage of custom animations and presentation features.
Who is this Course for
Experienced PowerPoint users who need to produce large or numerous presentations in an effective manner and want to add pizazz to their delivery.
Previous experience of PowerPoint is required. Participants should be familiar with the features presented in our Microsoft PowerPoint Introduction Course.
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
Creating Basic Charts
- Inserting a Chart
- Working with Datasheets
- Applying a Chart Type, Style and Layout
- Displaying Chart Analysis
- Picture Charts
- Formatting Chart Background
- Manipulating PowerPoint Tables
- Inserting a Word Table
- Inserting an Excel Spreadsheet
- Adjusting Rows, Columns, Cells
- Table Styles and Borders
Templates, Themes & Layouts
- Creating a Custom Layout
- Applying a Theme
- Applying a Background Style
- Saving a Custom Theme
- Arranging and Printing Section
Editing Slide Masters
- Slide Master, Title Master
- Formatting the Masters
- Adding Header and Footer Information
- Notes and Handout Masters
Animations and Transitions
- Animation Schemes
- Animating Text and Objects
- Custom Animations and timing
- Inserting Sounds and Video
- Editing Media Clips
Setting Up the Slide Show
- Setting Automatic Slide Timings
- Setting Up a Continuous Loop
- Hiding a Slide
- Rehearsing Slide Transition Timings
Custom Shows & Interlinked Shows
- Creating a Custom Show
- Setting Up a Custom Show as the Default
- Creating a Hyperlink
- Using a Hyperlink
- Using an Action Buttons
- Jumping to Another Presentation
- Embedding the Fonts in a Presentation
- Using the PowerPoint Viewer
- Formatting a Presentation for the Web
- Inspecting the Document
- Annotating a Presentation
- Sending in PDF Format
- Inserting a SmartArt Object
- Formatting a SmartArt Object Color
- Resizing/Repositioning a SmartArt Object
- Inserting Text into a SmartArt Object
- Formatting Text Within a SmartArt Object
- Adding Shapes to a SmartArt Object
- Grouping SmartArt Objects
Inserting a Photo Album
- Inserting Pictures from a File
- Adding Captions
- Applying a Theme to your Album
- Customizing the Album Layout
Exporting Outlines and Slides
- Exporting Notes and Handouts to Word
- Exporting an Outline to Word
- Saving a Presentation as an Outline
- Saving a Slide as a Graphic
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.