Power Pivot for Microsoft Excel Course
Our Power Pivot for Microsoft Excel Course gives you the ability to unleash some of excel’s great business intelligence features. This course covers the following items:
• Import & query data with Power Pivot workbooks
• Generate PivotTable and PivotChart reports
• Create relationships between Power Pivot tables
Tell us about your project
One day or two half-days
After completing this course you will be able to describe the main ways to import and query data using Power Pivots workbooks in Excel, to generate PivotTable and PivotChart reports and to create relationships between Power Pivot tables.
Who is this Course for
Professionals who want to use Power Pivot full capabilities in Excel 2010 and who recognise the need for Business Intelligence.
Previous knowledge of Excel PivotTable features is useful but not essential. Basic understanding of relational data is useful but not essential.
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
- Why use PowerPivots
- PowerPivot Workbooks
- The PowerPivot tab
- Data sources
- Using the Table Import Wizard
- Import and Filter from Databases
- Run SQL Query
- Get Data from Files
- Copy and Paste Data
- Create Linked Tables
- Formatting Numbers
- Handling Technical and Useless Columns
- Understanding Calculated Columns
- Using Lookup Tables
- Understanding Measures
- Handling Many Tables
- Refreshing Data
- Understanding relationships
- Review existing relationships
- Create new relationships
Building DAX Formulas
- Formula basics
- DAX Data Types
- DAX Operators
- Calculated Columns Examples
- DAX Measure Examples
- RELATED, CALCULATE functions
PivotTables & PivotChart Reporting
- Difference between Excel PivotTable and PowerPivot PivotTables
- Updating the table
- Changing the table structure
- Formatting the PivotTable
- Creating a PivotChart
- PivotChart Layouts
- Changing the Chart type
- Formatting the Chart
- Adding slicers to PivotTables and Charts
- Resizing Slicers
- Slicer options
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.