Upgrading to Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
Stay productive and save time as soon by switching to the latest and greatest edition of Microsoft Windows 8 and learn the best new tricks to access applications, documents, the world wide web and manage your time efficiently. This course includes:
- New features of Windows 8
- The entering and manipulation of data
- Sharing files and cloud & sky storage
- Social media and apps
- Security and advanced windows features
- Productivity and troubleshooting
Tell us about your project
One half-day (demo or limited hands-on session) or One full-day (hands-on session). This course will be tailored to your needs and only the applications relevant to your organisation will be included if you prefer.
After completing this course you will be able to identify and use new Windows 8 features; connect your account; customise the Windows 8 Start Screen and taskbar; multitask; share and manage files and folders.
Who is this Course for
Existing computer (PC or Mac) users who are transitioning from a different Operating System to the latest version of Windows.
If you have limited prior experience of working with computers, let the tutor know at time of booking. No previous experience is required to attend this course.
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
Starting with Windows 8
- What’s new in Windows 8
- The new Start Screen
- Modern (‘Metro’) Design
- Exiting Windows 8
The Desktop and Taskbar
- Finding the desktop
- Custom Shortcuts
- Ribbons everywhere
Social Media and Apps
- Connecting your Social Media Accounts
- Apps and the Windows Store
- Sharing Information
- Mail App
Manage and Store your Files
- Managing your files locally
- Sharing Files
- Cloud Storage and Sky Storage
- USB 3.0
Security and Advanced Features
- Windows Security and Access
- Remote Access
- Dual Boot
- Custom Shortcuts
- Sync settings
- Windows on your Tablet PC
Productivity and Troubleshooting Tips
- Windows 8 Shortcuts
- Windows 8 Bugs, Missing Features and How to Resolve them
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.