Microsoft Excel Intermediate Course
Our Excel Intermediate Course moves you up from the basics of excel and starts to introduce to some of the more exciting functionality that the program offers. This course covers the following items:
- Spreadsheet Design and Management
- Formulae and Functions
- PivotTable Analysis
Booking for one?
Are you looking for a public course? Browse our list of public events and book today.
Get in touch
One day or two half-days
After completing this course you will be able to design and manage spreadsheets; apply best practices; troubleshoot complex models; analyse large amounts of data with PivotTables and PivotCharts; generate and customise charts to suit most purposes.
Who is this Course for
Existing Excel users with a good understanding of Excel basics who need to be more effective with Excel and automate reporting with functions, formulas, PivotTables.
A good working knowledge of topics covered in our Microsoft Excel Introduction course is useful but not essential. Good computer knowledge.
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
Working with Formulas
Creating Simple Formulas:
• Basic Mathematical Operators
Absolute and Relative Formulas:
• Relative Cell References
• Absolute Cell References
Using Formulas across Worksheets:
• Using Formulas across Worksheets
• Fixing Formula Errors
• Displaying And Printing Formulas
Working with Functions
Sum and Average Functions:
• Using the Insert Function Window
• Function Syntax
Using IF and Nested Functions:
• Using the IF Function
• Working with Nested Functions
Naming Cell Ranges:
• What Are Range Names?
• Defining And Using Range Names
• Selecting Nonadjacent Ranges
• Auto Calculate
Functions and Array Formulas:
• What Are Array Formulas
• Using Basic Array Formulas
• Using Functions with Array Formulas
• Using the IF Function in Array Formulas
• LEFT and RIGHT Functions
• UPPER, LOWER and PROPER Functions
Excel Lists & Tables
Working with Lists:
• What Is A List/Table?
• Creating Lists/Tables
• Modifying Lists/Tables
• What Is The Total Row?
Working with Records and Fields:
• What Are Records And Fields?
• Adding Fields By Inserting Columns
• Adding Records By Inserting Rows
• Adding Records With A Data Form
• Finding And Deleting Records
Working with Lists and Filters:
• Sorting A List
• What Is An Autofilter
• Custom Autofilters
• Using An Advanced Filter
• Filtering With Wild Card Characters
• Copying Filtered Records
Using Excel as a Database
Using Database Functions:
• Using Database Functions
• Data Validation
The VLOOKUP & HLOOKUP Functions:
• VLOOKUP • HLOOKUP
Using Excel with Other Programmes
• Inserting Excel Data In Word
• Modifying Excel Data After Insertion
• Linking Excel Data In Word
• Linking An Excel Chart In Word
Using Excel with Other Programs and Files:
• Using Outlook To Send Excel Data
• Opening An Excel File In A Different Format
• Importing Data From A Text File
• Importing Data From A Database
Working with Charts
• Using the Chart Wizard
Modifying a Chart’s Appearance:
• Modifying a Chart’s Appearance
Other Chart Types:
• Other Chart Types
Reusing a Custom Chart:
• Reusing a Custom Chart
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.