Microsoft Powerpoint Introduction Course
Our Powerpoint introduction course gives a solid foundation in this popular and useful program, covering the following fundamental items:
- Creating and organising a presentation
- Working with Audio, Video & Illustrations
- Enhancing presentations
- Presentation best practises
Booking for one?
Are you looking for a public course? Browse our list of public events and book today.
Get in touch
Course can be either one day or two and a half-days duration
After completing this course you will be able to use the PowerPoint menus and tools, customize the PowerPoint environment, apply custom layouts and themes to enhance a presentation, create dynamic presentations, apply advanced text and graphic effects, finalise and deliver presentations
Who is this Course for
Beginner and experienced PowerPoint users who want to improve the quality of their presentation for various purposes.
If you have limited prior experience of working with computers, let the tutor know at time of booking. No previous experience of PowerPoint is required to attend this course.
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
- Looking at the Screen
- Creating New Presentations
- Moving Around in Presentations
- Managing Presentations
- Creating and Formatting Slides
- Organizing Slides
Working with Text
- Adding Text
- Using Bullets and Numbering
- Formatting Text
- Cutting, Copying and Pasting Text
- Using Text Boxes
- Using WordArt
Illustrations, Video & Audio
- Using Pictures
- Modifying Pictures
- Inserting Shapes
- Inserting Hyperlinks
- Arranging Illustrations and Shapes
- Inserting a Photo Album
- Working with SmartArt
- Modifying SmartArt Diagrams
- Inserting Media Clips – Sound Files, Video Files and other Audio Visual formats
Working with Charts & Tables
- Inserting Charts
- Using Tables
- Using Animation
- Using Slide Transitions
- Using Slide Masters
- Adding Presenter Notes
- Reviewing Presentations
- Protecting a Presentation
- Using Document Properties
- Printing Presentation Items
- Review Questions
- Lesson Summary
Delivering a Presentation
- Sharing a Presentation
- Saving in Other Formats
- Running the Slide Show
- Customizing the Slide Show
- Using Presentation Tools
- Rehearsing a Presentation
- Recording a Presentation
- Using Presenter View
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.