Microsoft Excel Advanced Course
Our excel advanced course allows you to fully utilise all the advanced features in this popular and useful program. Included are the following topics:
- Data modelling techniques
- What-if Analysis
- Advanced PivotTables
Booking for one?
Are you looking for a public course? Browse our list of public events and book today.
Tell us about your project
Please contact us to find out information regarding course duration, times, and start and end dates
After completing this course you will be able to build complex data analysis and decision making models; use what-if scenarios, solvers and build reports. You will be able to mine data with PivotTable and PivotChart reports; you will build complex interactive spreadsheets.
Who is this Course for
Experienced Excel users who need to handle complex spreadsheet models in reporting and what-if analysis.
Please get in touch with us and we will inform you of what you need to have in order to partake in this course
Click on the headings below for more information on course topics:
Outlining & Grouping your Data
Outlining and Grouping your Data:
• Using Automatic Outlining
• Displaying And Collapsing Levels
• Grouping Data Manually
• Creating Subtotals
Using Pivot Tables
• What Is A PivotTable
• Creating A PivotTable Frame
• Specifying Data in a PivotTable
Rearranging PivotTable Data Pivot Tables and Charts:
• Modifying PivotTable Calculations
• Formatting A PivotTable
• Refreshing A PivotTable
• Charting A PivotTable
• Creating A PivotTable Based On Data From An External Database
What If Analysis
• What Is A Scenario?
• Creating A Scenario
• Creating A Scenario Summary Report
• Saving Multiple Scenarios
Goal Seek, Data Tables and Solver:
• Using A One And Two Input Data Table
• Using Goal Seek
• Using Solver
Excel and the Internet
Excel and Hyperlinks:
• Hyperlinks and the Internet
• Inserting Hyperlinks
• Modifying Hyperlinks
• The Web Toolbar
• Browsing Hyperlinks In Excel
Excel Workbooks as Web Pages:
• Interactive and Non-Interactive Web Pages
• Saving A Workbook As A Web Page
• Saving A Worksheet As A Web Page
• Saving A Chart As A Web Page
• Saving A Range As A Web Page
Creating & Using Shared Workbooks
Creating and Using Shared Workbooks:
• Sharing A Workbook
• Requesting Reviews
• Reviewing A Workbook
• Tracking Changes
• Merging And Revising A Shared Workbook
Advanced Excel Tasks
Advanced File Management:
• Identifying File Properties
• Searching For Files
• Protecting Personal Information
• Creating Back Up Files
• Changing Auto-Recovery Settings
Custom and Advanced Features in Excel:
• Customizing Excel By Changing Options
• Using Custom AutoFill Lists
• Text To Speech
• Using Detect And Repair
Macros and Form Controls
Creating Macros in Excel:
• What Is A Macro?
• Creating A Macro
• Playing A Macro
• Assigning A Shortcut Key To Macro
• Macros, Buttons, And Toolbars
Excel Form Controls:
• What Is A Form Control?
• The Form Toolbar
• Adding A Control To A Worksheet
• Assigning A Macro To A Control
• Form Controls
Visual Basic (VBA) and Macros
Visual Basic (VBA) and Macros:
• Adding Code To Your Macro
• Adding Comments To VBA Code
• Declaring Variables
• Prompting For User Input
• Iteration Over A Range
• If Then Else Statements
Do you feel limited with the tools you use to represent your organisation’s information? Instead of learning to use Visio confidently, are you still fumbling with Excel charts, drawing basic flowcharts with PowerPoint shapes and AutoShapes? Or are you starting from no knowledge of diagrams at all?
Learn to use Visio which is the tool you should be using by joining one of our Visio courses.
Get in touch
Create Complex Diagrams In Minutes
Developing complex professional diagrams shouldn’t take so long so why are you stumbling to present the information in your head in a compelling visual? Become an expert when you attend our Visio training courses, whatever your level and needs, and discover all the features which make your job a pleasure not a chore. Visio unleashes your creative side and gives you instant results. Learn the proper techniques and see the results quickly.
Take your Diagramming to a New Level
Once you have completed our Visio training you will be comfortable using the program and will be able to create expert level diagrams and plans with ease. So, whether you need to illustrate your processes for ISO certification or compliance regulations or simply would like to learn Visio as a way to communicate technical representations of ideas, structures, concepts, blueprints and a variety of other purposes our Visio training can do just that! So, if you have been looking for the best Visio training program around, look no further!
Learn Visio The Right Way
Learn to draw flow charts, process flow; represent information in swimlanes / cross-functional flow charts; map organisational charts; manipulate shapes and link data; create complex layouts; visualise floor plans and floor layouts; create complex diagrams and apply layers of information; bring real-time data together from multiple sources, link to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server; manage processes with sub-processes; apply rules and logic validation; implement rules and validation; ensure accuracy and consistency across the organization; share dynamic diagrams over the web; icons and data bars; create SharePoint workflows.
Which Microsoft VIsio Training?
We offer three levels of Visio and customised training to suit your specific business needs.
- Microsoft Visio Introduction Course for those who are completely new to Visio and want an overview of the main drawing types you can create effortlessly in Visio.
- Microsoft Visio Intermediate Course for existing Visio users who can create simple drawings but need to understand the full capabilities of Visio and need to be more effective in creating large amounts of drawings quickly.
- Microsoft Visio Advanced Course for existing users with Pro versions of Visio who want to use it in multiple business environments. We talk about Visio programmability and integration with data.
- Microsoft Visio Customised for those who have specific needs and want to focus on specific drawing types, e.g. architecture, engineering drawings and diagrams.